Monday, January 21, 2008

Alhambra - Boiling Crab

I came here during my Winter Break with my friend Stu. He had been raving about this place for like ever and I was bored. We came on a Saturday night around nine and then we struggled to find out how to get a table. I ended up just asking the frantic people behind the counter that I wanted to be on the list. Some poor girl was flagged down and put us on the dreaded NO GUARANTEE list. DUN DUN DUN! She told us though that since we were the on the top of the list we were probably going to get a table. So then commenced the forty-five minute wait of freezing doom. Just kidding. It wasn't that bad since me and Stu were just hard core judging everyone waiting with us. There was a sad 30 year old birthday boy with his friends, some typically AZN T.A.B.s shrieking, and of course the classy old Vietnamese men who smoke up a hole in the ozone layer. It was a pretty hot crowd.

After oogling and much shit-talking we got seated. We order the 1 lb. of shrimp and 1 lb. of crawfish, whole shebang style, along with two pieces of corn and fries. Ordering "whole shebang" basically means please make these little chicken nuggets from the sea wonderfully garlickly and spicy. We chickened out and only got medium spicy, but what I have been seeing from Yelp the spicy isn't all that bad so next time.

After we order, the waitress ties on these bibs for us. Awkward for me since I need my personal space, but still awesome since I can be a bigger fatass than usual. Then she plops down a whole of roll of paper towels and that's when I knew I was getting into some fun. Here's a picture of where the night the began:

Another indicator of great things to comes was the fact that you eat off the table! YAY! Look at my ketchup happy face! Let the gluttony commence!


The fries were UNBELIEVABLE!. Cholesterol and obesity, you are soon to become my bosom buddies.

The treasure trove of seafood delights. Fantastic in a bag. Cholesterol for the year. Deliciousness! You can choose whether or not you want your orders in separate bags or not, but we wanted everything to stew together. We ended up getting more corn later, because the corn was soooooooo fantastic. And because I love corn more than anything else in the world. The only thing that kinda bothered me was how long it took to get my diet coke. The food had arrived and I still hadn't gotten my drink. The place was understandably busy, but still my drink should have came out first.

This is the aftermath of our seafood debauchery.


The whole meal came out to be some $25, which isn't bad for seafood and for how stuffed we were. So there it is. We came. We ate. We conquered. And we're most definitely going to this place again.

The Boiling Crab
742 W Valley Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91803
626-569-9368
Mon- Fri 3PM - 10PM, Sat - Sun 12 PM - 10PM

No comments: